Sunday, June 19, 2011

juxtaposition


Wonderful new exhibit at the Newhouse Center for Contemporary Art titled "Iced".
I know not many people would get excited by such a thing, but my heart was beating fast when I saw the Elisa Lendvay "Umbra Mound" and then close by Matt Frieburghaus had a video that worked so good with her sculpture. Those recycled umbrella art pieces impress me anyway. I'll never forget the work of umbrella fabric sewn together like lace in the trees at the Socrates Sculpture Park in Long Island city last year, though don't know the name of the artist who created it. Same thing at Iced, the artists are a secret- no name signage. I had to go on a hunt for the gallery list and was lucky to snag the last one.

Iced through Sept. 4
Newhouse Center for Contemporary Art
1000 Richmond Terrace, SI, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment